Thursday, 31 January 2013

Appareil (bond)

The way stones, or bricks, are put together in a wall.
According to the visible pattern after brick laying, which in itself depends on how the various assises (layers or courses) are assembled, the bond will have a name like Flemish bond, English bond, etc.
In roman (Romanesque) architecture one distinguishes petit, moyen and grand appareil, q.v.
There are more subjects related to appareil.

English bond - Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment